What is the NICCY Youth Panel?
The Northern Ireland Commissioner for Children and Young People (NICCY) will be recruiting young people to join the NICCY Youth Panel (NYP) during 2018 and 2019. The purpose of the NYP is to advise the Commissioner in her day-to-day work of promoting and safeguarding children’s rights in Northern Ireland. It is made up of young people from across Northern Ireland, who share their experiences and thoughts with the Commissioner and her staff to help NICCY make decisions about issues that affect children and young people.
Why should you join?
- Help us change things for the better for children and young people in Northern Ireland
- Have the opportunity to travel across Northern Ireland and depending on different projects, outside of NI for free
- Have your say, and help to raise awareness of issues affecting young people
- Meet young people from all walks of life
- Help build up your experience and expand your CV for future education, training and job opportunities, with training and development in a wide range of skills, from public speaking and working with the media, to events, projects and staff recruitment
Check out our video to see a snapshot of the panel’s work in 2017:
How to join?
Recruitment is open to young people aged between 12-16 years, or up to 18 if you have a disability or have experienced living in care.
We are recruiting in different locations throughout NI over the next two years, starting in the Derry/ Strabane Council area and neighbouring areas of Causeway and the Glens. Recruitment in this area has now closed, but we will recruiting in other areas in coming months.
Please check back in the future for the latest information, including the next area we will be opening up for applications.
If you have any questions, contact a member of the Participation Team on 028 9031 1616 or email@example.com. You can also register to be informed when we are recruiting in your area by emailing us.