Our Corporate Plan 2014- 2017
This Corporate Plan outlines the proactive work of the Office of the Commissioner for Children and Young People, based on NICCY’s statutory duties reflected in the cross-cutting high level objectives, whilst also bearing in mind the need to retain the ‘flexibility’ to react/respond to new and emerging developments/issues, including e.g. that in response to the work of the Northern Ireland Executive, Government Departments and their agencies. The plan has also been drafted following our engagement with stakeholders and their input/feedback on same.
Our high level Corporate Objectives are synonymous with our desired outcomes for Children and Young People and are as follows:
1. Government will meet its obligations to undertake all the appropriate legislative, administrative and other measures for the implementation of the UNCRC
2. Breaches or violations of children and young people’s rights will be identified, challenged and resolution sought/achieved using the most appropriate of the range of legal powers vested in the Commissioner
3. Key stakeholders will have an increased awareness of children and young people's rights, the UNCRC and the functions of the Commissioner
4. All children and young people will access a high quality education which develops their personality, talents and abilities to the full
5. All children and young people will enjoy the best possible health and will be protected from all forms of violence, abuse, neglect and mistreatment
6. All Children and young people in conflict with the law will be treated with dignity and their rights respected
7. All Children and young people who are vulnerable due to poverty, family background, age, disability or other reasons will not experience discrimination, but enjoy their rights on an equal basis to other children
8. NICCY utilises Organisational resources – Human and Financial - effectively and efficiently to maximise overall Corporate Performance and Impact in pursuit of the Rights and Best Interests of Children and Young People.
View our Corporate Plan 2014 – 2017 here: