The Commissioner has intervened in a number of cases such as:
MP’s (a minor) Application  NIQB 52 regarding the statutory duties owed by a Health and Social Care Trust to a child involved in the youth justice system. Read our article on this case here and our CPD lecture here. The Judgement is available for download here.
In the matter of the Queen v Ryan McGreechen  NICA 5 regarding the use of reporting restrictions to protect of the anonymity of young people who are convicted of crimes. Judgment is available for download here.
- In the matter of the application JR49 (acting by his mother and next friend)  NIQB 41 regarding the proposed transfer of a young person from Northern Ireland to secure mental heath facilities in England. Judgement is available for download here.
- In the Matter of an application JR1(a minor) by her mother and next friend for Judicial Review 08/68917: Judicial Review of the use of Taser in Northern Ireland. Judgement is available for download here;
- In the matter of the application JR17 (a minor) regarding precautionary suspensions  UKSC 27 on appeal from:  NICA 14. Judgement is available to download here.
- Re E (a child) UKHL 66: The right of children and young people to be protected from inhumane and degrading treatment under Article 3 of the ECHR. Judgement is available for download here;
- An Application by Robert McMillen, Chairman of the Board of Governors of Ballyclare High School, for Judicial Review  NIQB 21: Article 12 UNCRC, the right of a child to have their views heard on all decisions affecting them. Judgement is available for download here