NICCY is carrying out a Children’s Rights Based Review of Special Educational Needs (SEN) Provision in Mainstream Schools.
Are you the parent or carer of a child with Special Educational Needs or suspected Special Educational Needs in a mainstream nursery, primary or post-primary school in Northern Ireland?
If so, we would like to invite you to complete an online survey about your experiences of accessing or attempting to access services and support for your child.
The survey is being conducted on behalf of NICCY by a research team from Stranmillis University College, Belfast.
Taking part in the survey
For further information and to complete the online survey, please follow this link www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/FQ0W3/
We will gather evidence in the following areas:
- Extent of SEN in mainstream schools;
- Whether needs are being met;
- Children’s and young people’s and their parents’/carers’ and school’s experiences of accessing services for SEN; and
- Types of SEN services and supports young people have accessed or attempted to access and the impact this has had.
As the review will focus on children on the SEN register the target age range for the review will be up to 19 years old.
- You can also read the SEN Review Project Specification here.
We will update this page as the Review progresses, and you if have any queries please contact Natalie@niccy.org.