NICCY launched its Still Waiting report on 27th September 2018 at St Mary's University College, Belfast.
Welcome, Overview and Introduction
Principal Peter Finn welcomed everyone to St Mary's University College Belfast. NICCY's Chief Executive Mairead McCafferty then opened the event and provided an overview and introduction to the report. This was followed by a welcome from Mairéad Loughran-Ryan (NICCY Youth Panel Mental Health Advisory Group).
The Commissioner then made the opening address.
This was followed by responses from the Department of Health (DoH), Health and Social Care Board (HSCB), Education Authority (EA), Royal College of GPs (RCGPNI) and the Community Sector.
Youth Panel Reflections
The NICCY Youth Panel then provided some very insightful reflections, and their hopes for the future.
Mental Health Animation
NICCY in partnership with Council for the Curriculum, Examinations and Assessment (CCEA) have produced an animation on mental health. This was formally launched on the day:
There was a Panel Question and Answer, with a range of questions from the auidence.
The Commissioner closed with a reflection of the event, and highlighting again on the importance of Review's recommendations.
- Department of Health Press release - Department welcomes report into the review on children’s and young people’s mental health services
- Health and Social Care Board - written response and video response from Director of Social Care and Children Marie Roulston
- Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health - RCPCH Ireland responds to NICCY's 'Still Waiting' review
- You can view the PowerPoint Presentation here
- You can read the press release from the launch here
- You can view the programme from the day here
- You can view photos from the day here on our video gallery:
- Below is just one of a series of 'Young People's Voices' videos, you can view the others here