You can read speeches made by the Commissioner and her staff by clicking on the links below.
You can also view speeches from previous years here.
NICCY’s Chief Executive Mairead McCafferty opened the British Psychological Society: Division of Clinical Psychology NI on 16 November 2017. You can read her speech here.
NICCY’s Chief Executive Mairead McCafferty closing the Schools for Hope Conference on Monday 26 June 2017 – you can read her presentation here.
Speech by the Northern Ireland Commissioner for Children and Young People, Koulla Yiasouma, at the ‘Police Stop and Search Powers: A Conversation on Delivery, Experiences & Accountability in Northern Ireland’ conference on 31st March 2017. You can also view the accompanying PowerPoint here.
- NICCY's Chief Executive Mairead McCafferty speaking on 17th January 2017 at the Policy Forum NI Seminar: Improving mental health provision in NI: prevention, treatment and developments in care
- The Commissioner spoke at the 'Reflecting back - moving forward: Fifteen years since the establishment of the PSNI' conference on 9th November 2016. You can view the speech ' The Challenge of Making the UNCRC a Useful Policing Tool' here.
- Citizens' Day - Belfast Model School For Girls 22nd June 2016
- International Seminar Community of Practice - Children's Rights: Empowering Parents 15th June 2016
- Speech at the PlayBoard’s ‘Playing Out’ Annual Conference to celebrate its 30th birthday on 27 November 2015
- Speech at Ionad Uibh Eachach family fun day celebrating 25 Years on 24 June 2015
- Speech at Methodist College Belfast Junior School Prize Giving on 23 June 2015
- Speech at the NI Network of Contact Centres on 11 June 2015
- NICCY Chief Executive Maireád McCafferty, welcoming the introduction of Steven Agnew’s (MLA) Children’s Services Co-Operation Bill on 12 January 2015