How We Can Help You

boy looking downOur Legal and Investigations team may be able to help you. You can find out more below.

Contact Us

Please feel free to contact a member of our team if you have an issue. If we cannot help you, we will try our best to find someone who can. 

NICCY’s Legal and Investigations team are here to help children and young people

  • Do you have a problem at school?
  • Are you unhappy with the services that are provided for you in terms of education, health care, play and leisure etc?
  • Are there any services you require which you have not been receiving?
  • Do you have a complaint about the way you have been treated?
  • Do you need someone to talk to and don’t know where to turn? 

What we can do to help you

  • We can help you if you have a complaint against a public body – public bodies include schools, hospitals, councils, social services and many more. If you are not sure, please contact us.
  • We can help you bring a complaint to a public body.
  • Investigations – if your complaint is likely to affect other children and young people, we may investigate the issue to make sure we are getting the best outcome for as many children and young people as possible. We will talk to you about this once we have looked at the detail of your complaint. You can find out more here and you can also contact us here.NICCY Legal Complaints Leaflet - Young Persons
  • You can also view our young person’s version of our guide to Investigations here
  • We can help you with legal issues about the rights and welfare of children and young people.
  • We can help you with legal issues against public bodies.
  • We are here if you want to speak to someone about your rights.
  • We may be able to help you if you have special educational needs and are unhappy with the support from your school.

What we can’t do

  • We cannot get involved in problems to do with court or which parent you live with, or how often you see a parent you don’t live with.
  • We cannot get involved if you have a problem with the police. However, we would pass you on to the Police Ombudsman who can help you.
  • We cannot get involved with problems you have with private organisation.

You can find out more information on our work by viewing our casework report.

If your query is urgent please contact Childline on 0800 1111.