In 2004 NICCY Undertook to:
- Commission Queen's University, Belfast (QUB) to look at Children's Rights in Northern Ireland
- QUB's report is called 'Children's Rights: Northern Ireland 2004
- The report looks at how Children's Rights compare to the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child
- It is also about the day-to-day lives of children and young people
- A wide range of children took part in the research
The research produced by Queen’s University, Belfast was commissioned by the Commissioner soon after his appointment, and represents a significant milestone in children and young people’s rights in Northern Ireland.
Three versions of the research were also produced for children and young people, click here to view:
- Children’s Report: Children’s Rights in Northern Ireland
- Young Person’s Report: Children’s Rights in Northern Ireland
- School’s Report: An Analysis of Research Conducted with School Children
Click on the sections below to read the report, you can also view the full report here.